Due to extensive media coverage, Airdolphin GTO™ has become something like a flagship Mini Wind Turbine and the darling of worldwide audiences. Despite its relatively high price per Watt installed, there is tremendous interest in this very advanced generator. The high quality of craftsmanship invested into this model on the manufacturer’s part and the resulting durability will go a long way in justifying its upfront cost.
One of the most silent wind turbines on the market, Airdolphin GTO™ is also one of the overall most innovative generators found on the market. Including no less than ten novel features, this mini wind turbine has much more to offer than just a very eye-pleasing appearance and the world’s lowest weight-to-output ratio of just 16.5 grams per Watt of rated power:
Airdolphin GTO™’s overall power generating capability stands out and tops everything in its class, producing annual totals that make it a viable source of residential power.
Most importantly, Airdolphin GTO™ helps avoiding costly and environmentally-harmful batteries and, by connecting direct to a grid-tie inverter without the need for a battery bank, increases overall energy output by approximately 30% to 50% over a battery-charge system.
- rotor diameter 1.8 m
- top power 4.1 KWp
- Airdolphin GTO™ is grid-tie optimised for feeding-out or exporting electricity to the public grid
- generator voltage 250 V DC
- grid-interconnection using common solar PV inverters: these are more widespread and lower-cost than specialised micro wind inverters used in low voltage systems
- capable of generating the same amount of electricity in suitable wind conditions as a much more expensive 6 KW photovoltaic system would
- cut-in windspeed 2.5 m/s
- start-up windspeed (electronically) 0.0 m/s with ‘power assist’ function, improves extreme low-wind performance
- extremely wide range of power-producing wind speeds: from 2.5 m/s to 50 m/s, i e from a light breeze to Hurricane-force extreme weather
- survival-windspeed of 65 m/s, meaning Airdolphin likely to be “last man standing”…
- swing rudder system makes Airdolphin highly responsive to gusty winds and suitable for built-up areas, increasing total annual output significantly even in “unclean” wind situations
- optimum 4.1 KWp power output reached at wind speed of 20 m/s for 20-40 secs
- electronic generator breaking mechanism for RPM reduction in high winds and remote start/stop control (incl internet-based control and monitoring over standard web browser)
- rated capacity 1.1 KW @12.5 m/s
- UK green energy cashback of 39.3p per KWh exported to the grid (highest FIT band for <1.5 KW rated capacity)
- exceptionally low noise levels due to advanced blade design
- neat overall design with diecast alloy casing reducing optical impact on surroundings
- maintenance-free design, electronically balanced blades, anti-corrosion teflon-based paint, screwless casing
- design life of 20+ years
- total weight just 17.5 kgs
A rich set of accessories, ranging from UL-certified or CE-certified grid-tie inverters to a browser-based Remote Monitoring unit for controlling Airdolphin over the internet are available to add countless features to this truly unique and innovative mini wind turbine.